Sunday, February 10, 2008

So, I've been tagged. Probably in an attempt by my friend lifeasamama to get me to resurrect my blog. (She's probably right, maybe I should take up her New Year's resolution to blog-a-day.)

Anyway, here are the tagging rules.

  • Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
  • Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  • Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  • Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I'm going to violate 3 and 4 as I'm new to the blog-o-sphere and feel horrible about tagging folks I don't know. But, hey, if anyone reads this, by all means, considered yourself tagged.

  1. When I was very small (3 or 4), our house caught on fire. I was in the bath tub at the time, and my big brother came to rescue me. Instead of making me put on clothes, he gave me a towel and helped me rescue all the Strawberry Shortcake toys I got for Christmas. What a great big brother!
  2. I'm a compulsive list maker. I make lists for everything. What to do at work, what to do when I get home, where I'm going on the weekend. I'm also compulsive about organization--my insanely large DVD collection is alphabetized. My books are organized by topic. Everything has a place in my house, and if it's out of order, I get a little bit stressed.
  3. As I mentioned in 2, I love DVDs. Especially science fiction DVDs. I'm what you would call a sci-fi freak. When I was growing up, I had the X-Files "I want to believe" poster in my room, next to my "Everything I needed to know from life I learned from Star Trek the Next Generation" poster. I firmly believe that some of the most valuable lessons I've learned have come from sci-fi. What's incredible to me is that a lot of sci-fi is heavily Chirsto-centric. I mean, it doesn't mean to be (if you think about it, some sci-fi shows TRY to be atheistic), but it often is. Star Wars is obvious, but when you think about it Star Trek has elements of it. The mission of the Enterprise to seek out life and new civilizations? Really, they are living out St. Augustine's truism--"Our hearts are restless until the rest in you, O God." Every time the crew tries to "seek out new life," they end up learning more about the condition of the human person than anything, and the human condition leads back to God. Which leads me to...
  4. Someday, I want to write books. I want to quit my job and write. I could totally write a book about the connection between science fiction and St. Augustine. My novel is floating around in my head--I actually am thinking of writing the character bible soon. Of course, unless I can start blogging and practicing the writing, my novel is a long time coming.
  5. Clowns scare me. A lot. Seriously, what are they trying to hide with all that make up? However, I'm not alone.
  6. I like to cook, but as a singleton, I usually just order pizza or Chinese food.
  7. I have no idea who to vote for in Tuesday's primary.

Okay, so there you have it. I'm back to bloggity-ville. Have a great Sunday!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

woo hoo!! i'm thrilled that you responded! i didn't know that about your big brother and strawberry shortcake... but i remember those posters in your room!

p.s. i had a dickens of a time trying to figure out who to vote for last tuesday. at least the local races were easy.