Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's Irrational....

Now that I've completed nearly a month of mourning (Brett Farve is dead to me) and survived vacation (Disney World), I'm back to the real world. And there is nothing more real in my world right now than the election. POTUS, if you are unawares. To be honest, I could have cared less until last Friday. Hillary was obnoxious, and Obama doesn't really do it for me anymore. Change. Hope. Blah, blah, blah. I expected better from the Junior Senator. I even gave him a pass on that whole "clinging to their religion and guns" comment. I like my religion, thank you very much, and I'll own a gun if I darn well want to.

Then of course there was Obama's refusal to back the Born Alive Infants Protection Act. He also wouldn't want his daughter "burdened" with an unwanted child. And his flip-flop on wire tapping. And the fact that I'm still not convinced he has a plan--all the plans I've seen smack of Marxism. Not to mention that it offends me EVERY TIME someone highlights that Sen. Biden is a Catholic born in Pennsylvania.

But I wasn't sold on McCain, either. He's aged since 2000. He'd need help on the economy. I'm not sure he'll change Washington.

And then I met Sarah Palin. Okay, I didn't meet her, but I did. Via the TV. And it's absolutely irrational how much I like her. I would love to quit my job and move to Alaska and work for her. Or go to work for the office of the VP if she wins. It's irrational, I tell you. So be it--she's living the pro-life life. She's got a family, she runs a state, and I bet she drives a minivan. I want to be her when I grow up.

She's resonating with a lot of young, conservative, pro-family women I know. All of us feel revived. Like Sarah Palin can accomplish what we've all dreamed of. It's irrational, I know, but I can't help feeling like Sarah Palin has the potential to be my hero. Sigh. I'll let you know.

No comments: